Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Inspired ....

 

Here is my little project:

I have a Pinterest board with DIY canvas ideas and one I really liked is this one:

found here
 This was something I could do, spending $ 0.00 since I had everything for this project on hand.

I started with an old canvas, which I had in the bathroom but where the colors just didn't co-ordinate with my existing color scheme:



I used some of my free quart of Glidden paint I was able to snag a couple of months ago and painted over the entire canvas (the color is Soothing Green Tea):


Once the three layers were all dry, I taped sections with painters tape:


 Then I went over the whole thing with Teal Blue paint (this time a free Valspar paint sample in Ocean Slumber):


Before the layer of paint dried, I carefully removed the tape and then I waited again for this to dry.

Once dry, I taped my canvas in a similar way as previously but this time horizontally.

I went over that with my teal color as well.

At this point, I forgot to take a picture, but I pretty much removed that second layer of tape and then used some of our hallway paint (Behr's Lime Light, a very light blue) to fill in some of the boxes with  more color. I also had to do some touching up, because I had paint bleeding through the tape.


Here is another picture:


I like how this turned out, especially since it adds another pop of color to our bathroom.


Linked up at the following parties as well:

Thrifty Decor Chick - Before and After Party
Uncommon Slice of Suburbia - Tuesdays Treasures 
House of Hepworths - Hooking Up
The Shabby Creek Cottage - Transformation Thursday
The Shabby Nest - Frugal Friday 
Designer Garden - VIP Party

4 comments:

  1. looks great! i love the colors you chose...even i can do something like this, lol. really making me think about joining the pinterest challenge...we shall see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :)
    I am so happy that all of those free paint samples actually work together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I'd pinned a similar photo but wasn't sure it could really be that easy - now I can't wait to tackle a similar project for my living room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is awesome! I love all the geometric shapes and it looks all 3D like! Very cool. I hope you will come show this off at my VIP Party today. http://designergarden.blogspot.com/2011/08/vip-party-22.html

    ReplyDelete