Monday, July 25, 2011

Magenta and Navy Nursery

I woke up today and found a beautiful flower from our landlord's yard next to my bed. The hubby must have taken seen it, while taking our dog for a walk earlier.

While looking at it, I noticed how beautiful the color of the flower went with our dark blue duvet.


And guess what? Right away my brain went into mood board thinking.

I thought that magenta and navy would be great colors for a girl's nursery, so that's what I worked on.
Take a look at my mood board and let me know what you think:





1. I would paint most of the walls in a very light gray tone, such as Glidden's Polished Pewter or Amethyst Haze. Then I would create an accent wall in magenta pink (maybe Glidden's Bight Black Raspberry). You could also paint some kind of striped detail across the gray walls using our two main colors.
2. In order to go budget-friendly, I would try to find a dresser with great bones on Craigslist and then paint it in navy. The crib and a shelving unit (such as the Expedit) could be purchased in white or if second-hand painted white.
3. For the shelving unit I would use cute magenta and navy colored accessories, such as baskets. You could also use pretty paper or fabric to cover the back of the shelf.
4. A dark gray arm chair with magenta foot stool would look great and provide additional seating.
5. Then I would add white floating shelves to the wall, white curtain panels, and a wooden alphabet in white or in shades of our colors. A picture gallery with only white frames would also look great.
6. Three canvases (similar to the ones in the mood board), accent pillows (maybe DIY?), and paper lanterns high above the crib would add some more decorative touches to the room.
7. For the bedding, I would also use a combination of fun gray, magenta and navy fabrics and try to sew this myself.
8. A navy colored rug completes the board.

To me, this seems to be a color-scheme that is girlie, but not too much.Thank you landlord for such a great inspirational piece right from your backyard!

Linked up here:

Centsational Girl - Garden Link Party

No comments:

Post a Comment